Is Your Bathroom Scary
Posted By MyGuy
What is scarier than mold? Bathrooms are regularly filled with moist air,
making it the perfect environment for mold growth. The best way to prevent
mold from turning your bathroom into a spooky room is to practice regular
preventative maintenance to keep the bathroom as dry as possible in between
showers and baths. Once mold manifests its ugly face it may discolor or
stain bathroom surfaces, especially the grout between tiles, so practicing
mold prevention in the bathroom is definitely worth your effort. If your
bathroom is just too scary and past the point of no return, or just out
dated, there are many great ways to take away that spooky look.
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Be sure to turn the bathroom exhaust fan on while you’re taking a
bath or shower, leave it on for 10 minutes after you are done showering.
- Open windows and doors after you take a shower, if at all possible.
- Stretch the shower curtain out across the length of the shower rod after
use. This gives it a chance to dry out completely.
- Wipe down your shower walls, including the grout between tiles.
If your bathroom is just too scary and past the point of no return, or
just out dated, there are many great ways to take away that spooky look.
- If it’s time to repaint your bathroom walls, use a semi-gloss paint.
This creates a hard surface that is difficult for mold to grow on. This
is an inexpensive way to get a new look.
- The newer materials used for showers are made to resist mold; porcelain
tile is an excellent material that will last for years. Most of the grouts
used now are also mold resistant.
- New counter tops in granite or quarts will definitely make a positive impact
on the look of your bathroom. Granite is stunning and beautiful, and quartz
is available in many striking colors.
- Granite slabs can even be used on shower walls making an almost seamless
application with no grout to take care of.
The proper application is often the key to your bathroom shower and other
products lasting a long time while staying mold free. Be sure to use an
experienced licensed contractor that will install your materials correctly
and scare away that spooky look and bring it back to life with a gorgeous
new look. ToFixIt has experts at spook busting bathrooms, so who are you
going to call?
Open Member Website in a new window?