Quick tips to reduce allergies and keep your home healthy
Posted By MyGuy
The best way to reduce allergic reaction to dust, mold and other indoor
allergens is to reduce your exposure to them. Do you know how often the
professionals recommend you have your carpets and upholstery cleaned?
This and many other suggestions are listed below. Read more to learn what
the experts have to say.
Here are some tips for maintaining a healthy home environment
- Control moisture and humidity (60% humidity or lower) by using a dehumidifier
or air conditioner.
- Vacuum carpets, floors and upholstery three time a week using a vacuum
cleaner with a HEPA (high-efficiency particulate) filter. Ask your professional
carpet and floor expert for vacuum cleaner recommendations.
- Sweep entrance mats regularly to reduce the amount of dust and soil tracked inside.
- Have your carpets and upholstery cleaned at least twice a year by a professional,
or more often if you have children or pets.
- Have your heating and air conditioning system inspected and serviced twice
a year, and use and replace high-efficiency filters monthly.
- Wash bed linens and coverings weekly in hot (130F) water.
- Have mattresses and boxes springs professionally cleaned, then encase in
allergen impermeable covers.
Open Member Website in a new window?