Don't waste water or you could get fined
Posted By MyGuy
July and August are two of the toughest months for lawns and plants in
the hot desert sun of Arizona.
While an sprinkler or irrigation system can give you years of excellent
service you still need to be diligent about maintenance. Many of the Valley
cities are starting to implement fines for wasting water. Keeping your
watering system running at its best will save you water and money. The
ToFixIt sprinkler and irrigation specialists offer tips for watering and
maintenance's required to help promote a beautiful lush landscaped lawn.
For plants, drip irrigation is the most popular method for delivering water
at a slow and even rate.
Infrequent and deep watering of your grass or garden will encourage the
roots to go deep and will wash damaging salts below the root zone. Water
run times will vary depending on size and type of plant. Flowers, trees
and shrubs should be on separate zones as they require different amounts of water.
Did you due to the thinness of your drip lines:
- water pressure will start to create splits in the line after approximately
- most valves and controllers also have about an 8 year life span
- the hard water in the Valley plays havoc with the valves, emitters and
- calcium deposits will restrict water flow over time
- periodic maintenance should be done on the system to repair any leaks,
unclog emitters and nozzles and repair faulty valves
Open Member Website in a new window?