Top 10 Considerations For Pest Control And Elimination Companies
Posted By MyGuy
Ongoing problems with unwanted home invaders will get people looking for
Phoenix pest control & elimination companies. Once the infestation has settled into your home, the race to
rid the growing population begins. Finding the right pest control and
elimination company to solve your problem is the first step.
Pest control and elimination service should be professional
Know what you are looking for in order to hire the best service in your
area. Here are 10 things to consider when sorting through Phoenix, Arizona
pest control and elimination businesses.
- In order to protect your property and any liability, you will want to look
for a company which is bonded and insured.
- Ask friends, family and co-workers to get recommendations or warnings against
any company which the person may have used.
Shop prices. Don't assume that the lowest rate will offer the best deal.
Good pest management companies will offer competitive rates for similar services. Going the cheap route
and then having to repay for additional services when the pests remain
or resurface soon after does not save you money and is inconvenient.
- Find out what the business offers for contracts. Are long-term maintenance
programs offered in different increments? Will the contract allow for
extra service during high pest volume times? Is the contract flexible
in order to have less frequent service visits when the pests are not present?
- What products are used for pest control and elimination? Are non-chemical
or green items used in order to be environmentally friendly? If the company
will be using chemical products, will the products be discussed to inform
the homeowner of possible side effects or dangers involved with the chemical
residues present in the home?
- Does the technician seem knowledgeable about pest control and elimination?
Does the technician have proper identification? This is always best policy
for any service person who will enter your home. Does the technician have
training and experience? Most states require technicians to be certified
with annual training as a requirement to keep the license current.
- Before any work is done or contract signed. The technician should be able
to explain exactly what is needed to be done, how the treatment will be
done and what maintenance programs are available. There should be a complete
inspection of your home, identify the species of pests, their source of
entry and create a pest control and elimination plan.
- The appearance of the technician should be clean and professional. Chemicals
should be properly labeled and the truck with all equipment neat and clean.
- The documentation should explain all details of services provided; include
the description of any follow-up plan and any advice given to the customer.
- Depending on the service performed, a consultation may be needed. It might
be necessary to occur after service is complete or as part of the follow
up. Some pests may do structural damage to your home and the consultation
for home maintenance will be necessary once the infestation is completely
out of your home.
Open Member Website in a new window?