Top 10 Plumbing Tools To Have At Home
Posted By MyGuy
There are many great
Phoenix plumbers who make house calls, some problems are small enough for the handy fix
it person to solve at home. Various projects will require different tools.
Have the necessary equipment on hand to take care of the smaller plumbing problems.
Plumbing tools to keep at home
- An adjustable pipe wrench is designed to grip round objects which make
their use with plumbing pipes so essential. It has sharp serrated teeth
for a firm grip which increases in pressure as the wrench is turned.
- A toilet auger is also known as closet or water closet augers. Water toilet
is the plumbing term for toilet and the auger is a specialized plumbing
tool used to clear clogs in toilets. The toilet auger is distinctly different
from a sink auger and the two should never be interchanged.
- A flange plunger is also known as a ball plunger which is specially shaped
to clear clogs in toilets by vacuum and force of water. The special shape
seals the toilet bowl hole which differs from a cup shaped plunger used
for sinks and tubs.
- A cup plunger is a common home tool used for plumbing to clear clogs in
sinks, tubs and showers. It is not made to clear toilets.
- Teflon tape is good to have on hand if you have pipes that are leaking
at the joints. This tape is inexpensive and easy to apply when trying
to seal pipe threads. Teflon tape can also be used to seal air and gas
from leaking through dryer connections.
- A sink auger is also known as a drum auger or a canister auger. This tool
is valuable to have in your home. It is easy to use to break up and clear
clogs in sinks and tubs. The auger should never be used on toilets.
- A faucet valve set wrench is used to remove the faucet body valve seat
when replacing this part. When this plumbing fixture has worn down and
needs to be replaced, the simplest way is to just replace it with the
same hardware. Installing a different one will require additional work.
- A faucet valve reseating tool is also known as a valve seat dresser or
a valve seat grinder. It is used to resurface the valve seat in the faucet
body if you are not able to remove the valve seat or decide you do not
want to replace it.
- Replacement faucet packing and washers are great to keep on hand. Replacing
the O-ring or rubber washer is simple. Before you purchase the replacements,
take the removed hardware to the store so you get the same size replacement.
A faucet which uses packing string will just need the old removed and
area cleaned before installing the new. Tightly wrap the new packing around
the stem of the faucet and trim any excess before you put the sink back together.
- A tubing cutter is essential if you will be working with copper piping.
It is important to have any cuts in the pipes smooth with square cut ends
and well fitted joints. This cutter will make these jobs easier.
MyGuy website gives you a fast glance at where Phoenix, Arizona plumbers are located.
There will be information available about each company provided to make
your search for a plumber quick. Some jobs need more than a home handyman
to do it right. MyGuy will steer you in the right direction.
Open Member Website in a new window?